Business Process Improvement
AccuProcess Modeler provides business process simulation capability to help users analyze and improve their processes. Unlike most other such products in the market, this capability in AccuProcess is very intuitive and easy-to-use for business users. Process Simulation & Improvement Video (6 mins)
Process improvement is a key goal of business process modeling. AccuProcess Modeler provides this important capability thru its process simulation feature.
This analysis of the current AS-IS process and the proposed TO-BE process is critical for process improvement. Users can create various scenarios based on different resource allocations, timing parameters and quality of business rules.
Process simulations can then be easily setup and run again and again for these different scenarios. Analysis of the results provide important feedback about what changes would improve the process and by how much.
Process Improvement in AccuProcess
Document Current "As-Is" Process
In this first step the current business process is documented.
- Business users and process participants are interviewed to collect the information about what are all the steps in the current process.
- Process flow is designed in the AccuProcess modeling tool.
- Details about each of the process activities are also identified and documented.
- Decision nodes in the process model are identified and routing rules are documented.
- All this information is entered into the process modeling tool to create a view of “as-is” process
Understand Current "As-Is" Process
In this step the current "as-is" process model is simulated to understand:
- Overall expected business process performance based on the designed and documented process model
- Quantify average cost of executing an instance of that business process. Also to see what is the maximum possible cost and the minimum possible cost of executing an instance of the process.
- Quantify average time duration of executing an instance of that business process. Also to see what is the maximum possible time and the minimum possible time of executing an instance of the process.
- Process bottlenecks regarding where the process slows down and the work flow is accumulated (queued up)
- Impact on cost and time due to spike in process flow instances
- Effect on performance of making changes in the resources, rules and process model
Improve and Optimize
This is the iterative process of making changes to the process model and rules and resources and then observing the quantifiable changes in the performance of the business process. This allows the business analysts and managers to come up with a better performing business process model and to also quantify possible time and cost savings. This is very useful because this effort
- Allows impact analysis before making any actual process changes.
- Can result in process improvement leading to competitive advantage.
Next Feature >> Improve Business Operations